Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Kevin Durant = Jesus Come Back To Earth?

At least that's what a couple of ESPN NBA analysts would have us believe. Today in his chat, David Thorpe (not usually one for hyperbole) agreed with a comment Chad Ford made about Kevin Durant's potential. Below are Ford's original comment and Thorpe's reply.


Chad Ford: Personally ... I believe Durant has a chance to be better than all of those guys. If all of those guys were in the draft today ... here's how I'd rank them from a potential standpoint ...

  1. Durant
  2. Wade
  3. LeBron
  4. Oden
  5. Howard
  6. Bosh
  7. Carmelo

...

Kris, India: David, Chad Ford answered in one of his chats that he would take Durant over Lebron, Wade, Bosh, DHoward and Oden. You agree? If not, what order would you pick them?

David Thorpe: Based on when they came out, he is exactly right.

I realize KD is a special talent, but please give me a break. Here is a comparison of KD and LBJ at the same age.

KD: 25.8/11.1/1.3/47%/81%
LBJ: 20.9/5.5/5.9/42%/75%

Well, actually, now that I see the numbers in front of me, I guess an argument could be made for KD over LBJ. Hold on, I just got a call. [Takes call: What's that? Are you sure? You're positive? OK, thanks. That changes things.] Sorry, had to take that...so apparently KD put those numbers up in something called the Big 12 while Lebron did it in the Eastern Fucking Conference of the National Basketball Association. You know what, on second thought, I think you'd have to be god-damn insane to draft the waifish KD over LBJ and his linebacker, NBA-ready body.

Of course I don't agree with the Wade over LBJ thing either, but I'll leave that for another post for another day.

No comments: